A sampling of some H&B’s recent cases:
Personal Injury Cases
- Premise Liability Matter. House explosion due to gas leak resulted in severe burns to minor child and family. Case settled for a confidential amount with multiple defendants after extensive litigation.
- Dram Shop Case. Motorcycle accident occurring as a result of over-serving of alcohol by multiple bar/restaurant establishments. Litigation resulted in a confidential settlement on behalf of minor client whose parent suffered catastrophic injuries.
- Product Liability Action. Playground accident resulting in severe head trauma to our client as a result of the negligent design of playground equipment at local park. Litigation led to the removal of the playground equipment and a confidential settlement with the manufacturer and installer.
- Car Wreck in Parking Lot. Client’s vehicle was rammed by a negligent driver travelling through a parking lot causing substantial injuries to client and client’s vehicle. Settled for a confidential amount.
- Slip and Fall accident. Client fractured hand in fall at a local shopping center due to debris from a nearby construction project. Case was settled for a confidential amount.
- Automobile Accident. Client’s vehicle was hit by a drunk driver and she suffered significant injuries that affected her ability to work and perform other essential functions. Matter was settled for a confidential amount.
- Negligent Forklift Operation. Work-site injury caused traumatic injuries to our client who was a bystander. Settled for a confidential amount.
- Non-ADA-Compliant Ramp. Disabled, wheelchair bound client suffered multiple fractures and related injuries due to a fall on a non-compliant ramp. Settled for a confidential amount.
- Dog Attack in Collin County. Elderly client was attacked by neighbor’s dog while walking in neighborhood. Client suffered serious injuries including a broken hip. Case settlement for the policy limits on the homeowner’s insurance policy.
Criminal Defense Cases
- DWI - Dallas. Blood test of .21 (nearly three times the legal limit.) Case was dismissed after Motion to Suppress was granted due to illegal stop.
- Aggravated Assault with Deadly Weapon. Second-Degree Felony. Client faced up to 20 years in prison. Charge was reduced to a Class C Misdemeanor and dismissed with fine only.
- Felony Evading Arrest. Client faced 10 years in prison. Charge was reduced to Class C Misdemeanor and dismissed. No jail time.
- DWI – Rockwall. Jury Trial Verdict, Not Guilty. Client was arrested after being found passed out in vehicle. Client refused breath and blood test.
- Drug Possession Charge. All charges dismissed pursuant to successful Motion to Suppress due to illegal search of vehicle.
- Assault Family Violence - Dallas. Jury Trial Verdict, Not Guilty. Successfully argued self-defense based on the specific circumstances of the case.
- BWI - Rockwall. Jury Trial Verdict, Not Guilty. Local game warden arrested client based on allegation of boating while intoxicated. Client refused blood and breath test.
- Felony Assault. 3rd Degree Assault causing bodily injury. Charge was reduced to a fine-only misdemeanor offense and subsequently dismissed.
- DWI – Dallas - .17 BLOOD TEST. Jury trial verdict, Not Guilty. Client consented to a blood test with a result of .17 (the legal limit in Texas is .08). We successfully challenged the evidence and presented reasonable doubt.
- DWI – Dallas - .14 BREATH TEST. Jury trial verdict, Not Guilty. Client was arrested after police saw her driving erratically. Client consent to a breath test that registered .14 (the legal limit in Texas is .08). We successfully challenged the evidence and presented reasonable doubt.